Affiliate Marketer's Daily Routine
The freedom of the affiliate marketer! Now, there is a lovely thought and music to the ears of anyone who is building an online business, in affiliate marketing or something similar.
But, in there lies the biggest trap of all - that freedom can be the very reason why so many get "lost" and their days fly by and they achieve very little.
We all know that you build a house on solid foundations and your day is no different. I have learned from so many gurus, including the likes of Tony Robbins, Robin Sharma and many others, that you need to create routines for yourself that ensure good habits get ingrained. Now there is no such things as "one size fits all" and I do not recommend you take anyone else's routine and rigidly make it your own. You need to create your own. But looking at what others do will help you craft your own.
I will share mine with you, because it works for me! But whatever you do, create one that is tailor made for your life - and most important of all, STICK TO IT! It is the continuous repetition that will get you the results. Doing it sometimes and then forgetting it is a complete waste of time.
The other point I would make is that, if you are in a relationship, you should share the routine with your partner and carefully explain the rationale for the routine, as you may need them to facilitate it. This sharing will also put pressure on you to deliver on it - bit like telling your friends you have given up smoking!
So, my routine is:
Not to confuse things but my routine starts the night before when I set out a plan for the following day - the whole day, not just the morning routine. I like to start the day knowing that thought has gone into how I will spend the day and what I outputs I want to achieve. I know this is not part of the morning routine, but it is important to me to be in the right frame of mind.
Anyway, I rise at 6am and do stretching exercises for 30 minutes (I have a bad back!)
Between 6.30 and 7.15 I study French. I have just moved to live in France and want to learn the language. I find this the best time to do any homework (yes, I go to classes!) and revision work.
From 7.15 to 8.00 I go through my Google Reader where I go through all the latest news that I have included in Google Reader. I don't read it in detail. I could do a complete article on this, but it is a really critical part of my day. Keeps me up to date and also gives me material and ideas for my blog.
I take breakfast at 8.00, read the papers and shower.
At 9.00 I commit to 1 hour to prepare new material for my blog, articles or product reviews.
This gives me a solid base for each day and ensures that I stay on top of my niche as an affiliate marketer. But there is no right or wrong routine, although not having one most definitely is wrong! Shape it to your life and your business, and then stick to it!
But, in there lies the biggest trap of all - that freedom can be the very reason why so many get "lost" and their days fly by and they achieve very little.
We all know that you build a house on solid foundations and your day is no different. I have learned from so many gurus, including the likes of Tony Robbins, Robin Sharma and many others, that you need to create routines for yourself that ensure good habits get ingrained. Now there is no such things as "one size fits all" and I do not recommend you take anyone else's routine and rigidly make it your own. You need to create your own. But looking at what others do will help you craft your own.
I will share mine with you, because it works for me! But whatever you do, create one that is tailor made for your life - and most important of all, STICK TO IT! It is the continuous repetition that will get you the results. Doing it sometimes and then forgetting it is a complete waste of time.
The other point I would make is that, if you are in a relationship, you should share the routine with your partner and carefully explain the rationale for the routine, as you may need them to facilitate it. This sharing will also put pressure on you to deliver on it - bit like telling your friends you have given up smoking!
So, my routine is:
Not to confuse things but my routine starts the night before when I set out a plan for the following day - the whole day, not just the morning routine. I like to start the day knowing that thought has gone into how I will spend the day and what I outputs I want to achieve. I know this is not part of the morning routine, but it is important to me to be in the right frame of mind.
Anyway, I rise at 6am and do stretching exercises for 30 minutes (I have a bad back!)
Between 6.30 and 7.15 I study French. I have just moved to live in France and want to learn the language. I find this the best time to do any homework (yes, I go to classes!) and revision work.
From 7.15 to 8.00 I go through my Google Reader where I go through all the latest news that I have included in Google Reader. I don't read it in detail. I could do a complete article on this, but it is a really critical part of my day. Keeps me up to date and also gives me material and ideas for my blog.
I take breakfast at 8.00, read the papers and shower.
At 9.00 I commit to 1 hour to prepare new material for my blog, articles or product reviews.
This gives me a solid base for each day and ensures that I stay on top of my niche as an affiliate marketer. But there is no right or wrong routine, although not having one most definitely is wrong! Shape it to your life and your business, and then stick to it!
0 comments:
Post a Comment